If you’ve been following my blog for a while, you know I love participating in Erin’s Book Challenge. While I haven’t finished one yet (oops!) I continue to participate. I add so many books to my to-read list on Goodreads while I research books for the categories. It’s fun to step out of your comfort zone or find books to fit different categories.
The list for the next challenge, running July 1st – October 31st, just became public on June 1st. You will have the entire month to pick out your books for the categories, but she appreciates if you can post a preliminary list by June 15th. And don’t read your selections before July 1st! If you do, you can always change your selection. Erin is very laid back. So don’t worry if you want to change your book (maybe you found something better or you couldn’t get through your first choice). Or if you want to join the challenge late (maybe you found the group late). She also doesn’t mind if you don’t read any books at all, though we all love reading more reviews!
Book Challenge Rules:
- Each book must be 200 pages long.
- A book can only be used for one category, and each category can only be completed once. If you want to switch the category of a book, or change the book you originally chose, no worries.
- You can read your books in any order you choose.
- Rereads can be used only once. If a book you love fits into a category, go ahead and visit it again. Read it in its entirety. But, only do this once for the challenge.
- Photo albums for each category linking to chosen books are on the Facebook page. Comment on the photo for each of your books when you finish reading them. A comment can include a review, a rating, a recommendation… other readers want to hear what you thought of your choice.
Book Challenge by Erin 7.0
5 points: Freebie – read a book that is at least 200 pages long
Choice: Spanish Lessons by Jessica Peterson – currently free on Amazon!
10 points: Read a book that starts with the letter “B”
Choice: Before the Fall by Noah Hawley – buy it here!
10 points: Read a book that has a (mostly) yellow cover
Choice: The Help by Kathryn Stockett – buy it here!
15 points: Read a book that has a picture of an animal on the cover
Choice: The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein – buy it here!
20 points: Read a book that was published in 2017
Choice: A Life Removed by Jason Parent – buy it here!
20 points: Read a book with a compass or cardinal direction in the title
Choice: Slightly South of Simple by Kristy Woodson Harvey – buy it here!
25 points: The ALA’s “Banned Books Week” occurs while our challenge is happening – read a book from this list of the most commonly banned books in America: helpful link here
Choice: My Sister’s Keeper by Jodi Picoult – buy it here!
Choice: And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie – buy it here!
Choice: The Return of the King: Being the Third Part of the Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien – buy it here!
Choice: The Princess Diaries by Meg Cabot – buy it here!
And that’s my list! Check out my list here on Goodreads to see reviews and go to the groups Goodreads page to see other challenge members lists! Don’t forget to join the Facebook group here! You can also check out my last challenge lists here: Book Challenge by Erin 6.0, Book Challenge by Erin 5.0, Book Challenge Bonus Round, and the first Book Challenge I joined!