I’m a little late in getting my book challenge list together, but I was quite burnt out after the end of the fall semester. I had to read a book a week and write a paper on it in one of my classes. These book challenges by Erin of Tex-Erin-in-Sydneyland are my favorite challenges to participate in. There’s a great Facebook community for people to interact and talk about books (find it here) and it challenges me to step outside of the norm to read a greater variety of books.
So here are the rules for the challenge if you’re interested in joining the Book Challenge by Erin 8.0. I will list my picks with the categories! While I finished the last challenge, this is my last semester of school so I’m going to make that a priority. I’m not sure how well I’m going to do this round, but I’m going to try my best to finish!
Book Challenge by Erin 8.0 Rules
- Each book must be 200 pages long.
- A book can only be used for one category, and each category can only be completed once. If you want to switch the category of a book, or change the book you originally chose, no worries.
- You can read your books in any order you choose.
- Rereads can be used only once. If a book you love fits into a category, go ahead and visit it again. Read it in its entirety. But, only do this once for the challenge.
- Photo albums for each category linking to chosen books are on the Facebook page. Comment on the photo for each of your books when you finish reading them. A comment can include a review, a rating, a recommendation… other readers want to hear what you thought of your choice.
Book Challenge by Erin 8.0 Categories
• 5 points: Freebie – Read a book that is at least 200 pages
Choice: Ready Player One by Ernest Cline – buy it here!
• 10 points: Read a book that starts with the letter “L”
Choice: Little Fires Everywhere by Celeste Ng – buy it here!
• 10 points: Read a book that has a (mostly) red cover
Choice: The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown – buy it here!
• 15 points: Read a book with a character’s name in the title (i.e. Jane Eyre, The Storied Life of A.J. Fikry, We Need to Talk about Kevin, A Prayer for Owen Meany, Harry Potter books, etc.)
Choice: Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte – buy it here!
• 20 points: Read a book from this list: Book Riot’s 100 Must-Read Books with Plot Twists https://bookriot.com/2017/04/11/100-books-with-plot-twists/ (who doesn’t love a good plot twist??):
Choice: The Cuckoo’s Calling by Robert Galbraith – buy it here!
• 20 points: Read a book with the words “house” or “home” in the title:
Choice: House of Shadows by Nicola Cornick – buy it here!
• 25 points: Read a book by an author whose first and last name begins with the same letter (i.e. Cassandra Clare, Melina Marchetta, Ransom Riggs, Chris Cleave, etc.):
Choice: The Perfect Stranger by Megan Miranda – buy it here!
• 30 points: Read a book originally published in a different language than your own:
Choice: Like Water for Chocolate by Laura Esquivel – buy it here!
• 30 points: Read a book where most of the action takes place on a form of transportation i.e. bus, boat, car, plane, etc.:
Choice: Murder on the Orient Express by Agatha Christie – buy it here!
• 35 points: Read a book with a character that suffers from a debilitating physical illness:
Choice: The Deepest Secret by Carla Buckley – buy it here!
Make sure you add me on Goodreads to see all the books I want to read and what I’m currently reading!